Fraxel laser treatment in New Jersey offers:
- Smoother, fresher, younger-looking looking skin
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Minimized brown spots
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Treatment for precancerous lesions (actinic keratoses)
- Treatment for irregular brown patches (melasma)
What is Fraxel re:store laser treatment?
Fraxel laser treatment is a Food and Drug Administration-approved approach that targets aging and sun-damaged skin.
Taking only 20 to 25 minutes to treat the entire face, the Fraxel procedure involves the use of microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into your skin, reshape collagen, and stimulate the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
Results are immediate and progressive, with visibly significant improvement in just 2 to 3 months!
Since the laser targets only a small area of tissue, it preserves surrounding tissue and promotes faster healing!
How does Fraxel treatment feel?
Most people need 3 to 5 Fraxel sessions spaced 2 to 4 (or more) weeks apart for best results.
Most patients describe feeling heat during the treatment. A numbing gel is applied before the procedure and cold air is applied during the procedure to minimize discomfort.
About Treatment with Fraxel
Your New Jersey cosmetic surgeon will give you special instructions to care for your skin and minimize side effects, including:
- Avoiding direct sun exposure for at least 3 months after your last treatment
- Wearing sunscreen with an SPF 30 or greater and a wide brimmed hat when you’re in the sun
Symptoms with Fraxel are temporary and include:
- Pink / reddish skin that feels like a sunburn and fades within a few days
- Minor swelling that usually subsides within a day or 2
- Itching, dryness, peeling, flaking, and a bronze skin color within the week or 2 after treatment as your top layer of skin gives way to fresh, new skin
The intensity and duration of your side effects will depend on your skin type as well as the aggressiveness of your laser treatment.
There is a low risk of infection, hyperpigmentation, and scarring with Fraxel laser procedures.
How much does Fraxel laser treatment cost?
Depending on your condition and the areas you have treated, Fraxel can cost between $750 and $1,000 per treatment.