Winter is a season of dry, cool temperatures that tend to dry out our skin. The Plastic Surgery Center of Summit Medical Group created this infographic with 10 beauty tips to maintain your beautiful glow in the winter. Be sure to stay healthy and keep your skin moisturized by following these 10 helpful tips.
- Drink plenty of water every single day to keep dry skin at bay.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to give your body a vitamin boost, which can make you look and feel healthy.
- Look for a moisturizer with an ingredient called ceramides to repair dry skin.
- Use a cortisone cream for no more than two weeks to reduce any inflammation you may have.
- Invest in a humidifier to increase the moisture level in the air.
- Use an emollient-rich body wash or shower gel as bar soaps dry the skin.
- Try alcohol-free hand sanitizers instead of drying your hands from washing all the time.
- Avoid irritating fabrics like wool or certain detergents.
- Use a loofah or a grainy body scrub on your feet to prevent them cracking after a hot shower.
- Wear gloves whenever you’re outside to prevent your hands from cracking.
If you would like more winter skin tips, please contact Plastic Surgery Center of Summit Medical Group.